Click here for the most updated version: Kelly Wang’s Resume
Jingzhe (Kelly) Wang
I am interested in international newspaper, radio and television journalism that exercises the responsibility of informing the public about current issues and culture differences.
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Bachelor of Arts, expected May 2016
Current major: Journalism & International Studies
Journalism and Mass Communication Experience
UW-Madison Assembly of International Students, Madison, WI
Director of Public Relations, May 2013 – Present
- Initiate positive collaboration with international organizations and student leaders
- Maintain healthy communication and partnership with members
- Be the spokesperson and represent the organization to outside parties
- Participate in expansion of AIS into an international student government
UW-Madison WSUM Student Radio, Madison, WI
Talk Show Host, June 2013 – August 2013
News Team Broadcaster, September 2013 – Present
- Co-host weekly talk show on cultural diversity and generate in-depth conversations with professional interviewees on air
- Edit and broadcast timely news stories on a weekly basis
UW-Madison Visitor and Information Programs, Madison, WI
Information Guide, May 2013 – Present
- Provide complete and accurate information about the campus and surrounding areas for students, parents, faculty, and visitors.
- Engage in conversations with challenging contacts and resolve their concerns.
- Cooperate with other information guides and tour guides and be flexible when many visitors are in sight.
UW-Madison Chinese Students and Scholars Association, Madison, WI
Board Member, Mass Communication Department, September 2012 – Present
- Communicate with members internally and externally when organizing signature events expecting 500 to 1,000 attendees.
- Cooperate with other board members in promoting events by taking and editing photos and videos.
- Create a welcoming environment for incoming Chinese students by planning events which help them smoothly transit from China to the U.S.
UW-Madison International Reach, Madison, WI
Volunteer, September 2012 – Present
- Create mutual understanding and closer relationships between international and domestic communities by sharing my childhood stories and culture background
Kettle Moraine Press Association (KEMPA) Student Journalist Award, 2011-2012
Use Adobe Audio to record and edit audio files
Use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit video files
Speak Chinese (Mandarin) and English